Friday, February 7, 2014

Dream Bigger!

 Our wedding day February 5, 1994

Jeff and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary earlier this week!
I really can't believe it's been 20 years since I said, "I do" 
Where has the time gone?
I'm not going to lie... those first 3 years were rough, I wasn't sure we could make it through.
We both had some maturing to do.
I'm so happy we worked through and made our marriage work.
I can't imagine going through life's journey without Jeff by my side.
He is a man of unmistakeable character and such a great dad!
If someone would have told me on my wedding day what my life would be like 20 years later.. I wouldn't have believed them.
God's plan for my life has truly been bigger and better than my own. 
Jeff and I have talked for years about taking a trip to Hawaii with the kids to celebrate 20 years together.
Well, we decided we aren't going to Hawaii..... 
We are going to France instead!
Do you remember our sweet exchange student we hosted last year, our sweet Capucine?
Well, her family has invited to come stay with them in France!
It's an opportunity we can't pass up.
I still can't believe it!  We are going to get to experience France in a way that most never get the chance to.  And we get to be re-united with Capucine, our French daughter. 
We have bought our tickets for late August and we are working on passports.
I feel like all those years of yearning for a trip to Hawaii and God was whispering.. "dream bigger"  

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary! So excited for you and your family...I am sure it will be a trip of a lifetime.

Tiffany

Anonymous said...

20 years. I find it mind blowing. Ours is in March and it seems impossible. Congrats to you and Jeff.