Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What $300 could buy me....

I'm wallowing in self-pity after getting my speeding ticket yesterday. I was going 35MPH in a 15MPH (school zone) so, my fine was $297. I'm not going to lie, it hurts! All I can do is think of the ways I could have spent $300 on things I enjoy. :( Bah Humbug!!!


This awesome Electra Cruiser bike, of course there would be some extra money involved because I would need a bell and a basket.

a great new lens for my camera

or 100 Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks, that's roughly a years supply for me...
BOO-HOO!!!

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Ouch.

My understanding is that in the entire state of Colorado, you can go to court on your court date. You are not "contesting" the ticket, but praying for grace & mercy from the judge. I had a $180 ticket for turning the wrong way down a DO NOT TURN LEFT (whatever!!!) I went to court - I didn't even have to say anything! The judge knocked my ticket down to $70 and only 1 point instead of 2 on my license.

Go to court, the judge will more than likely reduce your speeding ticket in half - thus reducing the price in half and the points in half. It's worth the time.

Yes, you broke the law. Let the judge see your repentance. Especially if it's the only ticket you've had in a long time. They will honor that!

twoandlu said...

Thanks for the advice....Jeff wants me to fight it. It's 4 points, so I should.
It was 25 minutes after school was let out, but the school zone lights flash for 30 min.
This is my 1st ticket in 12 years! It just stinks having to pay this much at Christmas time.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I think a judge will have mercy on you! GO!! especially with the 5 minutes before the lights stopped flashing AND not having a ticket for 12 years. you HAVE to go and I want to hear what they have to say!!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get a lawyer. Sorry you got a ticket...I feel for you. Lead foot...lol.