Monday, January 14, 2013

My theme for 2013


I don't really believe in new years resolutions, but I do have a "theme" for 2013.
It's just three words.... "do one better"  
Earlier this morning, I was out shoveling the driveway (we received about 3 inches of snow overnight).  
Our next door neighbors have a lovely snow blower and they like to plow the sidewalk right up to the lamppost that marks where their property ends and ours begins. 
I have always noticed that even though it would take just a few extra steps to push their snow blower through to clear the rest of the sidewalk, they do not.  Like I said, right to the property line and not an inch more.  
I think it's symbolic of how we go through our lives, sometimes we don't want to go or give an inch more, especially when we are not required to.   
Well, this morning I was out before my neighbors and as I looked at the sidewalk, I decided "do one better" and I shoveled all the way to their drive.  It's a matter of 4-5 feet and didn't require much effort.  
It's a small act, but it felt great!  
The neighbors may not even notice or care, but that's okay.  I did for me, not for them.  :)


I couldn't post without a photo...
I had a low-light assignment for my photography class and I took this last night. 
This current class is really pushing me to try new things. 
This isn't a typical look for me, but I like how it turned out. 

Speaking of "doing one better"....
this is my Lucy working SO hard on her homework.
Lucy amazes me with her "can do" attitude!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Lucy is adorable. Love your theme....keep it up.