Monday, January 7, 2013

Bonjour!!!

Bonjour!
Our exchange student, Capucine arrived Saturday.
We were so excited to finally meet her.
Capucine ended up traveling 28 hours from Brussels to Spokane.
She had to stay overnight at Chicago, O'Hare. 
I was so worried for her and anxious for her safe arrival.  
Luckily, she made it to Spokane the next morning. 

Here is Capucine at the airport with the welcome sign the kids made for her.

 We spent the rest of the weekend getting to know Capucine.
She is a delightful young woman and her English is very good.
She brought us wonderful gifts from France.  
My favorite is the Belgium truffles....Oh my!
She shared a photo of her Grandparents house in the south of France.
It is amazing!
She said we should come visit and she would take us there.
I said, "yes, call Grandma and tell her the American's are coming."  :)
It is a photographers dream!!!

Here is beautiful, sweet Capucine on her 1st day of school.
I was able to capture this before the kids left this morning. 
I think she was a little nervous, but I know she will enjoy her day.
I can't wait to hear all about it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are a host family. Puts a smile on my face...you are so grown up I can hardly stand it!