Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Sweet Pickle Gets Stitches

Jack was playing kickball today in our neighbors backyard, when he fell and landed (knee first) on metal landscape edging. I was upstairs in my bedroom folding laundry when I heard him scream. I ran down the stairs and outside to see my neighbor helping Jack walk up the driveway.

Jack was hysterical and didn't want me to look at or touch his knee. Of course, there was blood running down his leg and I was trying to clean him up so I could see the damage. I took one look and knew he needed stitches.

Crazy thing ....I was home without a car!!! Jeff took my car to work today because his car is in the shop. Murphys Law huh??? Luckily, my neighbor offered to give us a ride to the emergency room.

Jack ended up having to have 13 stitches.
Now, my (very active) sweet pickle will have to take it easy for the next 10 days. No, kickball, baseball, running, swimming, etc. Oh, what will he do??? What will I do???

I was able to document each step with the camera on my Blackberry. I'm sure the staff thought I was crazy but, they played along anyway. :)


Getting wheeled back to the ER

OUCH!!!


13 stitches...4 of which are on the inside. YIKES!!!

Our brave boy with the doctor and nurse.
Catherine

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

oh my gosh poor jack i had no idea it was that bad it looks awful

take care of my boy

love mom/grammy

Anonymous said...

Good grief...Glad he is okay and oh so brave!

Does this mean no dancing for 10 days???