Friday, July 23, 2010

Me and My BFF

*****UPDATE******
I forgot to mention, she's also CRAZIER than a fox in a hen house!!! She read this post and then posted one of our college indiscretions on her blog HERE. HA HA HA!!!!!!
*No judging please, we were in college and didn't always make the best choices.

Staci is my best friend, my confidant. We have been friends for over 20 years. We met in high school. We went to neighboring schools and met while we were dating boys that happened to be best friends. Those boys are long gone (thank God) but, we have remained close friends. We ended up being college roommates our freshman year and Staci was also matron of honor at my wedding.

Staci is beautiful, smart and oh, so witty!! She always makes me laugh. She is strong physically and emotionally. In 2001 she endured a family tragedy and even though it was extremely hard for her, she pulled through with amazing grace.

She is fashion savvy and always knows the latest trends. I often look to her for fashion advice. She is a teacher and a writer/author, yes she's even written a book!!

We have spent the past 20+ years laughing together, crying together and laughing so hard, we cried. When I'm with her my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. We have "our places" and countless inside jokes. She always lifts me up and makes me feel better about myself.

We have remained close even though we live in different states and are at different stages in our lives. I'm busy raising 3 kids and she has one son in college!!!...GASP, I know, she looks 25!!!

I am blessed to have her in my life!!!

Thank you Staci, for your friendship!!! I love you!!!
Catherine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay...I had a typo, so I tried to post and delete the messed up comment, but I deleted the corrected version.

Will try again, but if you see posts "removed by author" you'll know it's me.

Anonymous said...

I am so touched. It was your turn to make me cry. I feel the same way about you my dear friend.

Always there, even if months past, we managed to remain bonded.

Our dear friend Sally Hansen, should be so lucky. Felicia seemed to have the same strong bond with pistachios. I learned from you how to "beat" the scale and for that I will forever be grateful.

Thanks for posting such sweetness, it made my heart glow.

Football and Fried Rice said...

So sweet!! I love this tribute to your best friend!