Monday, May 28, 2012

San Juan Islands

We had a little weekend getaway.  
Jeff has been traveling for business and he decided it would be fun for us to have a family getaway for Memorial Day weekend. 
He told me his idea on Wednesday....
So, I kicked it into high gear and planned a last minute trip to the San Juan Islands!
We had SO much fun!
*Warning....I took a TON of photos*

 This was taken Friday night from our Ferry on the way to Orcas Island


 We got the last room at the inn...  The kids had a hard time grasping the concept that we were staying in an old house, just renting a room...not the whole house.

 The girls were having fun trying on these hats in a local boutique.  I'm thinking we should have bought these so we can go to the Kentucky Derby next year.  :)


 Our Inn

 The Ferry



 On top of Mt Constitution~Orcas Island



 Putting together a puzzle while passing time on the Ferry

 I love this photo of Jeff and the kids, but my ISO was off..  :(  The lighting is awful!

 In honor of Memorial Day...a little red, white and blue

 Things that make you go hmmmm???

 Because I love a good old barn...

 Lighthouse on Limekiln Bay~San Juan Island

 While we were at Friday Harbor we ate at Fridays Crabhouse.  Here is a photo of me with the owner....he's showing me how to grill fresh oysters.  Yummy!  They had the BEST clam chowder ever!

 West Bay ~ Orcas Island


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see any orcas? What a gorgeous place. You look great!