Thursday, September 23, 2010

Moon Festival

We celebrated Moon Festival last night. The kids have been looking forward to it for weeks. I had plans to order Chinese take-out and afterwards drive to a local park to watch the moon rise.

For weeks, we have had unseasonably hot weather, I would even say an Indian Summer. It's been super dry and no rain for weeks. Well, yesterday afternoon the clouds rolled in and we got rain. I knew there was no way we would be able to see the moon through the cloud cover. I desperately wanted to get a photo like this....

We did enjoy our Chinese take-out and our dessert. Chinese tradition is to have mooncakes. Mooncakes are dense cakes made with lotus or red bean curd....let's just say it's an acquired taste. I had the idea to have moonpies instead. I knew the kids would love them, and they did.

Yummy!!!

Happy Moon Festival!!! Maybe, next year I will get my beautiful moon photo.
Catherine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your moon cakes shot reminded me of Cupcakes and Cashmere...lol. You're busing out the Martha on me.

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the gorgeous moon. Looks like the kids had a great time anyway.

Anonymous said...

I got your card in the mail. Thanks for thinking of me.