Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Referral Day....6 years!



Six years ago today we got a call from Christine at CCAI...."would you like to see a picture of your daughter?"

It was our referral. We had waited just short of a year to finally see a picture of our daughter and we were overcome with emotion.

I had been following the "rumors" and had an inkling that this was THE DAY. I was having a danish and some tea with a neighbor while pacing the floor, waiting for the phone to ring. Just before 11 am we got the call.

I immediately called Jeff at work and told him to meet me at CCAI as fast as he could.....luckily we only live a short drive away.

Christine told us everything we needed to know about She Ya He and then showed us her photo. I couldn't believe it....finally, our baby girl! I looked at those brown eyes and that sweet little pout and my heart melted. My first thought was, oh my gosh, she looks like my mom. :)

She Ya He ended up being Miss Luciana Yahe and after 6 years she can still get to me with that little pout!!!


Catherine

3 comments:

Nancy said...

ahh how cute
lucy you look so pretty and all grown up, i love the bow in your hair

love grammy

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Happy, Happy Referral Day!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post about Miss Lucy. She is so very special! I am happy that she came into your life and made it even better.