Friday, May 15, 2015

Prom

Last Saturday was Prom.
I had big ideas for taking photos this year again on the school campus, but we were unable to do so.  We ended up taking photos here in the backyard.  
This was Jennifer's (our exchange student) first prom, she loved it, everything from dress shopping, getting ready and the main event. 
Olivia and I waited until the last minute to find a dress...
Prom was less than 2 weeks away and we were at the dress shop.
Olivia had gone into the dressing room with approximately 10 dresses.
I see a girl a few rooms down, wearing a gorgeous pale pink dress.
I asked our attendant if they had another dress like that one for Olivia to try on, she said, no it's the only one.
A few minutes later the attendant brings us the dress and tells us the girl left and did not purchase the dress.
I think "great"  :)  Olivia tries it on and it's amazing.. it's THE dress.
Long story short, Olivia is in the dressing room taking the dress off, when the girl comes back to the shop to purchase the dress.  
The attendant asks us if we are wanting the dress...???
I told her yes, but I wanted to purchase it and walk out the back door.  LOL
We ended up at the counter with the girl and her mother as they are trying to figure out how to order this girl another dress and ringing up ours.  Awkward to say the least... 
I felt awful, but they could have placed a 2 hour hold and they did not.
I guess you can say lessons were learned that day. 
Who knew prom dress shopping could be so crazy?






No comments: