Saturday, February 21, 2015

For Joan...

My dear friend, Joan has cancer.
Joan has been battling a rare form of cancer for over 12 years.
Joan was a neighbor of ours in Denver.
Joan's family has a lake cabin here in Washington and thankfully, because of this I get to see Joan and her family every summer. 
Lately, Joan has been having a harder time than usual...
She has been in ICU for the past month and has both a breathing tube and a feeding tube.
She has been on my mind constantly.
This past week I knew I wanted to drive to her family's lake cabin and pray for her and take some photos. I know the lake is Joan's happy place and I wanted to take some photos to send to her. 
I looked at my calendar and the only day that worked was Friday.
I was disappointed because I wanted to go sooner and I knew Friday's weather forecast was calling for clouds and rain.
I woke up Friday morning and realized, it was Joan's birthday!
I left the house for the 30 minute drive to the lake.
It was cloudy, foggy and misty..
I was disappointed because I desperately wanted to get some sun photos, not grey and cloudy.
As I continued driving towards the lake the sun came out and it was beautiful!
By the time I reached the like it was sunny and the fog was burning off.
I drove around and walked the lake property taking photos and praying for Joan.
As I left the lake and drove back towards home, again it was cloudy, foggy and misty. 
I couldn't shake the feeling God has shone down on the lake that morning for my friend, Joan.
I quickly uploaded the photos and sent them to her via email and wished her a happy birthday.
I found out this morning, she was released from the hospital yesterday and was able to spend her birthday at home.
Keep fighting Joan!  
XO





No comments: