Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tree Day 2012

Yesterday was the 1st Saturday of December, otherwise know as, "Tree Day" at our house!
Tree Day is my favorite day of the year.
I absolutely love this tradition. 
Jeff and I started this way back in December 1998, which was Olivia's 1st Christmas.
Since moving to Washington state, it hasn't been quite the same.  
We no longer hike the national forest for the perfect tree, instead we go to a tree lot.
We still pack hot cocoa, hot cider and lots of mini donuts.
And of course, santa hats are a requirement for tree hunting. 
The kids love it too....






I love the drive to get to the tree farm, it's just about 20 minutes north of where we live.
It is closer to the kids school and I often dream of moving to the country. 
Many of you know, I'm completely over sub-division life (that is another post, for another day) and want to own some land.
This photo is my dream.....
Farm house on 10 acres!  Yes, please!
There are several great places like this out on the prairie....
maybe, someday.    :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love the hats.