Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dragon Dance

Our new school has a "Dragon Dance" tradition.
It's an annual event to kick off the new school year.
It was at the end of the school day on Friday.
I was excited to see the dance and to pick up Olivia from her backpacking/camping trip. 
As soon as I arrived on campus I was told that Olivia's group had taken a wrong turn while hiking and would be delayed by 3 hours!
The whole freshman classed missed the dragon dance.
This was the first time a class had missed the dance in 55 years!
While I was waiting for the dance to start, I took some photos of the campus and the class activities.

 This is an old house on the campus.
It currently serves as the head masters house.
Nice job perk huh???
Jeff and I attended a new parent orientation inside the house last week.
Trust me when I say, it's beyond amazing!
I will get back in there with my camera...soon!


 This is the lower school for K-5th grade. 

 Here's Jack playing a game with his classmates. Look at that smile!

 Here are the classes lining up for the dance.

 The senior class gets to carry the head of the dragon and lead the festivities. 

 Jack got to hold his class sign.
So cute!

 This is the band made up of the schools music teachers.
They were "rockin"  

 The procession ended in the gym.
Here is the senior class introducing the kindergarten class. 


 Here is Lucy,  jumping up and down for her class cheer. 
She's the 2nd one from this end.  Yes, that's curly hair.... we braided it wet and took it out that morning.  
Lucy will be starting cheerleading at the school later this fall.  


 Jack showing me how he works his locker combination.


Last, but not least...
Olivia's bus finally arrived!
Poor Olivia was exhausted, but she had a great time!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are off and running...looks like a wonderful school.