Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1st Day of School

Finally, the kids started back to school.  It's been a fun, but long summer.  
It all began last night at "back to school" night.  We went to Jack and Lucy's school to meet the teachers and drop off our school supplies. 

Jack and his 5th grade teacher

Lucy and her 2nd grade teacher
                                                                                  
 Olivia was up and early to get ready for her 1st day of 8th grade.  I can't believe she's an 8th grader!   She was NOT wanting any photos taken this morning and wasn't very happy with me.

 This boy is Tristan, he also is new to the area and he stopped by this morning to walk with Olivia to the bus stop.   You can tell from this photo, she's dying that I'm taking her photo with a boy!  HA!

 An hour later it was Jack and Lucy's turn for photos and the walk to the bus stop.


 They still like to ham it up for me.

 I thought I would show you the beautiful view from the bus stop.

 Lots of kids waiting for the bus

and they're off....
I'm so proud of my kiddos this morning.  I know it's hard to move and start a new school with new friends, but they really have been great troopers.  They were all 3 worried about riding the bus, they haven't had to ride the bus to and from school before.  
I know they will all have a great day and I can't wait to hear about it.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics...love that bus stop. Never seen so many kids at one stop!