Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hanging out with friends and BOYfriends???

On Friday we started our fall break from school. We decided to grab some lunch and meet some friends at the park. We met up with my friend Kim, her boys Matthew and Jacob and her daughter, Caitlin. Kim and her family used to live across the street from us. They adopted Caitlin from China after we adopted Lucy. They were so sweet and supportive during our process and they decided, after we returned home from China that they wanted to bring a home a daughter of their own too. I feel a special connection to Miss Caitlin. She is a doll and she and Lucy love each other.



Beautiful, sweet Caitlin


After, our time at the park Olivia asked if she could have a friend come over. I said, "sure" not knowing.....she wanted to invite a boy over.

Let me give you some background....this past summer Olivia had a friend who liked to meet up with her boyfriend at the park. I told Olivia there was no way she was going to meet boys at the park unsupervised and if she wanted to hang-out with a boy, then he would have to come to our house. I had no idea, she would actually take me up on it.

She invited Nick over to the house for a few hours on Friday and I have to say he's a nice, polite boy and they had fun just kicking the soccer ball in the back yard and sitting on the front porch talking.

I had to get a photo. I went outside with my camera and of course, Olivia was mortified. Nick laughed and said I was just like his mom, that she would do the same thing. :)


Nick and Olivia
Catherine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah oh....

Football and Fried Rice said...

Sigh.

But, really, how precious that she invited him over! I think it is still sweet when they can be "kids" and be "friends".....

Enjoy this SHORT season while it lasts :)