Tuesday, September 8, 2015

First day of school and match day...

 Today was Jack and Lucy's turn to head back to school.
Lucy started 6th and Jack 9th.
Jack decided to attend the local public high school this year.
I was a nervous wreck today...
He only knows a few kids and I was worried about him going from a small private school to a large public school.
He came home super excited, he met lots of great kids and even said he ate lunch with a bunch of cute girls.  :)
I'm excited for him to make some new friends and to see him perform some school plays. 
Lucy had a great day too and loves her new teacher. 


11 years ago today we got the call from CCAI.  We had been matched with what they called, "a spicy girl from Hunan China"  We raced over to CCAI to see the sweetest picture of our little Lucy. 
Every year I take a photo of Lucy with her referral photo..
Last year was the 10th year and I figured I would be done.
Well, today Lucy reminded me that it was her match day and she wanted me to take a photo.  
I just had to laugh.. I'm wondering if I will be taking this photo when she's 25?
I love my Lucy Lu!
Happy Match Day baby!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I feel privileged to watch them all grow-your pics have told the story of their lives.

twoandlu said...

Thank you Earthier! :)

twoandlu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.