Monday, August 9, 2010

and she's off...

My first born is off to Middle School. I can't believe it!!! Where does the time go???
Olivia was so both anxious and excited this morning. I had and still have a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat.

I hope we have instilled in her the value of making good choices and good friends. We prayed with her last night and asked a special blessing as she starts this milestone in her life. The pressures at this age can be so hard and we've told her the only way to get through is to stand up for what's right, not what's popular. We know this won't be easy but, we're hoping she will have the courage and faith it takes to make the very best decisions, even if there not the same one's everyone else is making.

Olivia, we love you and are so proud of the young lady you are becoming.

Daisy wanted a photo too

Olivia's friend, Morghan, she's in our carpool. Don't they look like sisters???

My dear friend and neighbor, Xan is out of town but, left this package for me on Friday. Notice...it says Do not open until Monday morning. Well, I opened it after Olivia left this morning, and this is what I found...

My favorite, Chocolate Chex, magazines, a Starbucks gift card....and I assume the orange pail is my puke pail. HA!!!!
Xan, knew this was going to be a really hard day for me and even though she's not here, (so I can cry on her shoulder) she gave me some great things to help me get through the day.
Thanks Xan!!! I love you!!!
Catherine

4 comments:

Nancy said...

looking good olivia
hope you had a good 1st day at school
catherine looks like you got some goodies from miss zan but what is that sitting in front of the cereal box

Anonymous said...

The time is going to fly by, I hate to tell you that, but you will have a blast watching her mature.

If I can give her (or you) any advice on how to survive middle school let me know! I live it daily!!

twoandlu said...

I'm sure you will be hearing from me lots over the next few months!!! I will need some guidance!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Breathing deep with you. One week from today, we send our oldest off to middle school too.....

Love your hot new profile picture!